Join us for a study tour to North America to explore Vancouver and Seattle.
Vancouver is an internationally renowned walkable and liveable city that is known for its excellent high-density city living, sustainability and high-quality urban design practices which make the most of its picturesque scenery.
With a clear focus on liveability, Vancouver has truly paved the way for high density living and the rise of transit-oriented communities to create vibrant, diverse and liveable neighbourhoods with walkable streets and public spaces.
As home to one of the world’s largest urban green spaces, Vancouver is on its way to become one of the world’s greenest cities, with large investments into alternative transportation and sustainable transit systems like the SkyTrain, the world’s longest fully automated metropolitan train system.
Across the border, Seattle has become one of the fastest growing tech hubs in North America, with high end commercial office in high demand, the city is home to some of the biggest tech companies in the world such as Amazon, Boeing and Microsoft.
With tech and innovation at the core of the city’s population and economic growth, Seattle is experiencing a new wave of commercial and residential developments integrating high end technology and major regeneration projects in downtown Seattle to revitalise its economic hub.
As Australia undergoes challenges with increasing density in its major cities, while ensuring liveability and access to public transport and public spaces, this tour will provide delegates with insights on placemaking and high-quality design practices to amplify inner-city living, integrate commercial and retail developments and how the innovative use of technology can support city growth and renewal.
Every site tour, walking tour, briefing and keynote delivered in North America has been carefully curated to deliver a holistic program of professional development learnings for delegates – centred around planning, innovation and urban development.
Participation in our North America Study Tour will give delegates the opportunity to learn:
- How to maximise high density city living through high quality design and leverage transit-oriented developments with the integration of residential, retail and office.
- How to integrate and implement sustainable methods and practices through urban planning and design.
- How to effectively engage and utilise the community in citywide planning and support the future growth of cities.
- How to integrate land use and transportation planning for urban renewal and activation of new precincts through strategic partnerships and frameworks.
- How to use technology and innovation to deliver state of the art developments and design the cities of the future.
- How technology and innovation can drive the economic development and growth of cities and understand the changing nature of this sector.